for a broadband point light source
- Off-axis ellipsoidal mirror
- Wavelength range from DUV to NIR
- For coupling XWS-30 into multimode fibers
Fiber coupler for the laser-pumped light source XWS-30 from ISTEQ
Free beam becomes broadband point light: The XWS-30 and the fiber coupler
To bring you the many advantages of the XWS-30 in the form of a point light source, we have developed a fiber coupler that couples the free beam of the XWS-30 efficiently into a multimode fiber.
(fiber: Ø 400 µm)
Fiber coupler – Optimized to the free beam light source XWS-30 from ISTEQ
The fiber coupler maps the plasma of the laser-pumped XWS-30 onto the fiber end of a multimode fiber with almost no loss via an off-axis ellipsoidal mirror.
Adjustment is quickly and easily performed via just three screws.
In this application note we demonstrate a hyperspectral microscope by combining some of our products.
- Free beam light source XWS-30 becomes a fiber-coupled light source
- Wavelength range of 190 – 2200 nm
- Optimized for fibers with NA = 0.22
- Best results with fibers having a diameter of 200 – 600 µm
- Simple change of filters to adjust the wavelength range
- Stepless output control from 0 to 100% via an iris diaphragm
Intelligent light solutions for industry and research
We look forward to your enquiry and will get back to you within 24 hours!
Our HighLight: The off-axis ellipsoidal mirror
Technical data sheet Fiber coupler
for the ISTEQ XWS 30
for fiber-coupled light sources
- Software controlled fiber-to-fiber monochromator
- High light throughput
- Flexible, tunable point light sources
for the XWS-30 with plasma entrance slit
- Especially suited for DUV and UV
- Motorized dual grating changer
- Total wavelength range from DUV to NIR
These products complete our light sources:
low-loss and broadband homogenization
- Deviations of only ± 2 %
- Transmission of more than 50%
- Wavelength range from 200/350 nm to 2000 nm